Crusta provides real-time visualization of high-resolution topography and imagery. It now also supports mapping decorated polylines directly on the visualized 3D landscape similarly to applying decorated adhesive tape to a miniature model. This is demonstrated in the following video. The decorated polylines follow the topography exactly and distortions issues related to draping the adhesive tape and steep slopes are addressed. The symbols used for decorating the lines always retain their shape.
Data courtesy of:
- Topographic - 1m DEM from Rochester Institute of Technology funded by World Bank
- Topographic - ASTER 30m DEM of Hispaniola
- Topographic - Blue Marble Next Generation funded by NASA's Earth Observatory
- Imagery - Blue Marble Next Generation funded by NASA's Earth Observatory
- Imagery - 15cm Google Aerial photography acquired January 17, 2010.
Please click here to view video: http://haiti.geology.ucdavis.edu/videos/CrustaMapping.mp4